5 Tips To Find Peace This Holiday Season
This year has been different in a lot of ways, but getting through another stressful December is not new to a lot of us. With work, kids, strained holiday get-togethers (real or virtual), gifts, and making it all feel special with all the unusual constraints -- it can all be next-level hard (mixed with a lot of beautiful). Remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup, so fill yourself up and keep an eye on that meter.
Here are 5 tips to help find peace this holiday season:
- Phone a Friend - Connecting with loved ones is a sure fire way to spread, and receive, some cheer. Set up a virtual call or simply make a good ol’ fashion audio call. There’s all kinds of ways to reach out and say hello.
- Keep Gifts Simple - Be realistic about your time and budget and stick to it. Thoughtful doesn’t need to mean expensive. A new houseplant, a bouquet of flowers, an interesting cookbook, or just the gift of your time might be all that special person in your life desires.
- Take a Break - Feeling rundown? Listen to your body and give yourself a break. Finding a cozy spot to lay down, even if just a few moments, can restore your energy. Write down any pressing concerns to help clear your mind. Try putting on headphones to wordlessly communicate you’re off duty.
- Cater It - Restaurants need you now more than ever, as many small businesses are struggling this year. Why not give yourself a break and let someone else do the meal prep? For special family dinners or small gatherings, consider your favorite local restaurant to cater the affair. They may even have a special menu you can order from.
- Take a walk - Last but not least, get out for a walk. Listen to a restful or educational podcast, or just listen to the sounds of nature and connect with your breath and the world around you. It’s a mini vacation we could all use to refill our cup.
Happy Holidays from all of us at JunoActive.