Our #ThisIsActive Q+As are part of an ongoing series to show how plus size women live their active lives. Share your active life with us on social media by using #ThisIsActive on Instagram or send your story to social @ junoactive.com for a chance to be featured.
Kristie Gorman works for Hennepin County in the St. Paul, Minnesota area and is married with no kids, although she considers her dog an integral part of the family. She’s turning 50 soon, and loves visiting Hawaii on vacation.
1. How do you like to stay active?
I recently joined a gym and I am enjoying weight lifting. I’m also trying out a variety of classes but right now my favorite is yoga. I also like to walk my dog.
2. What is your favorite JunoActive piece to wear while you’re out and about or exercising?
3. You won one of our yoga mat giveaways. What do you like most about yoga, or if you’re just starting out, what attracted you to exploring yoga classes?
I love yoga! One of the things that I like most is the way I feel after a class. I get a good workout and work up a sweat but I also feel so loose and relaxed. I work on a computer all day so being able to stretch everything out is a bonus.
4. What is your favorite “pump me up” song to work out to? I don’t know if I can pick one.
I love 80’s music and 80’s rock so that is most likely what you will catch me listening to.
5. What inspires you the most to live an active lifestyle?
I have a heart condition and while it is mostly controlled with medication leading a healthy and active lifestyle definitely helps. I want to live my best life and feel good on a daily basis. Being healthy and active help me achieve that life.